Sunday 5 December 2010

mirror blues

What if we've just been cruising in the wrong direction all along? I can't believe this hasn't even crossed my mind until now.

Not that there is a direction, but I don't remember ever turning back, either.

Turning in circles, yes, perhaps, especially after the recent shock - in fact I'm not quite sure if we aren't indeed cruising all the way back now;

(as much as multi-dimensional browsing can allow any sense of direction, conscious or not.)

But it's the first time in I don't know how long that I even challenge - not my direction, but - a true consciousness of the possibility of inverted directions, acknowledgement and redemption of a wrong choice.

Doesn't really matter - I don't know where we're going anyway. 

But yeah, it would be nice to see some familiar ground again, and say (and hear) "Hey, Marcus, haven't we been here before??", ("I believe so, Sir"), and float on in peace, at least knowing that my sense of belonging (to somewhere, anywhere) isn't lost.

So ironic that after so much seeking, I now find comfort in knowing that I might be covering past ground in the opposite direction.

No comments: